Monday, April 23, 2007

My World is a Work of Art


Welcome back! I first of all have to thank ARN for getting me inspired this morning with her "little bird." Yup, she inspired me. Inspiration - now there is a topic. This weekend (Friday-Sunday) I went on an "art retreat" with girlfriends to a cabin on Lake Anna. Oh my, oh my -- what a relaxing and inspiring time it was. Some of the gals scrapbooked, some quilted, some art journaled (see my page to the left), and some just read a book. No deadlines and no have-to-do-it-now time. The house we rented was beautiful. I found a quote I used to "journal" in my "art" book on colors I usually don't use in creating stuff, "Your life is a work of art and you are the artist of your life." This is from a book called Living Artfully: Create the Life You Imagine by Sandra Magsamen. I am getting ready to order the book because, I hope, my philosophy on life is what she is talking about: "Many people today are looking for well-being and happiness when what they're searching for has been inside them all along."

I have so much to be grateful for in my life. The good times, the bad, the in-between will always come and go. I can dwell in one or the other which will define my perception of my world. I choose to define it with the good times and the excitement of each brand new day. I try to create everyday - either at home on my stuff or here at MENC on projects. I have loved my "job" and work for the last 27 years -- otherwise I would have left a long time ago. If I feel in a funk or out-of-sorts, I first of all TRY not to take it out on too many others and always try to remember that this too will pass - it is not here for an eternity. Okie Dokie - I am rambling again in my world. The weather is BEAUTIFUL outside -- Spring may have sprung for good this week. Keeping my fingers crossed in my world! May your week be blessed. Will be back with you next Monday with more news from my world. Around my "Watercooler" - was that not the dullest ending to "The Apprentice" like ever? I think I may be losing interest in some of my stalwart reality shows like "Survivor." However, not in the reality category, my Jericho rocks!