Monday, October 1, 2007

One of those days in my world


Yes it is -- One of those days! It is Board Book time! UGHHHHHH. Once again, Harley and I are busting our buns to get the Board Book in the mail on Thursday, October 4, for the NEB meeting on November 2-3. We have had many people in and out of our office. You know, they have radar! They know when we are pushing papers and writing docket items and they come in and sit. . . and sit. . .. What part of I am working on my computer and not making eye contact do they not get? I did something in a previous life that I can't remember and I'm paying for it today.

Oh well, that is my lot in life to answer questions, phone calls, multi-task, and keep smiling. I will be "numbering" pages tomorrow on the board book. I betcha we go up to 200 pages in this one. PS is gonna have fun copying this book but we will get it done. No anixety here - we have two choices: 1) get it done; or 2) get it done. Harley has already checked into a small hole in the wall refusing to come out. You know it looks like a furnace. Harley's gonna burn.... if he doesn't get out of there. The agenda for this meeting is jam packed with really really really important items such as: Approval of the updated MENC Strategic Plan; Begin work on the National Assembly schedule for April 2008; Follow-up on the 2007 National Assembly; Review the report of the MENC Governance Task Force; Approve the report of the Hall of Fame Board; Review information from the Standards Task Force; Discuss conventions (they have been doing this since 1979 when I came to work here and started sitting in board meetings!); Discuss some plans for planned giving to MENC; Review a request from the Guam Music Educators; and on and on. One busy Board meeting! Well, I need to start numbering pages. Will let you know what we come up with - betcha it will be 200 pages! More next week!
Oh yeah - I learned how to "Letterbox" this weekend. What an exciting hobby. It is like a treasure map and you trounce around the woods looking for hidden letterboxes. You make your own stamp - mine is call "Big Paw" and stamp you stamp in their letterbox journal and then you stamp there stamp in your letterbox journal -- anyway, if you are interested I can fill you in next week. Let me know.