Friday, September 28, 2007

My Wish

My wish, for music education, is that the federal government gives it the kind of recognition that it deserves... lalala...

That's my Rascal Flatts shout-out for the day :-) Happy Friday everyone!!

Today, in honor of HLS's recent "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"-style mid-afternoon Rascal Flatts concert experience, I will be sharing a few photos from the show that she attended. HLS got to attend this local Commonwealth bar performance thanks to being at the right place at the right time during a ticket give-away (lucky lucky!). Here are a few snaps from the show...



Pretty cool, huh?? I'm no huge Rascal Flatts fan myself, but I think that they're definitely fun to listen to, and catchy if nothing else. Quite amazing what a foothold pop-country has taken on mainstream radio (which is 99% garbage anyway, in my opinion) these days... Anyways, congrats to HLS who got to have this super cool experience this week, and was quite obviously, very close to the band when she snapped those shots!

The weather is awesome here today in Reston and I think that it's safe to say that everyone is hopeful for a fun and relaxing weekend. Personally I'm sad that I'll have to wait another whole week before the Redskins have an opportunity to avenge their brutal loss to the Giants, but alas, HOCKEY SEASON OPENS THIS WEEKEND!! WOOHOO!! The Ducks and the Kings will play a two game series in London as a special kick-off to the 2007-2008 season (VERY cool!). SKJ is especially excited for the NHL's trip over to Britain... she's been a London junkie ever since I got to MENC! (I think perhaps she secretly WANTS to be British--nothing wrong with that!).

In music education related news... check out the September edition of the MENC Legislative Memo for some interesting happenings on the government relations front, and also make certain to take a peak at the latest MusicFriends newsletter! We looooooooove our MusicFriends! Also, SKJ and HLS did a MARVELOUS job getting MENC ready for the annual Caitlin Classic Golf Tournament, which was again, an amazing success! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! And if you live in and around the Commonwealth, enjoy what might be one of the last warm weekends this year!

And now... here are the Friday...

"Government Relations & Outreach Department Album Picks of the Week!!!"

SKJ: Fergie - The Dutchess
HLS: Rascal Flatts - Still Feels Good
CBLW: Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace