Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Projects

Back from a long weekend and plunging into all the projects that are swirling around right now for the PR/Marketing department. We're already starting recruitment and retention plans for Tri-M, Collegiate, corporate, and active members for the fall. MIOSM 2008 items are underway. Ads are being written, handbooks updated, membership benefits reviewed and reconsidered, Web statistics studied, new e-mail formats for our weekly member updates tested, photo shoots scheduled, etc., etc.! We are busy.

Another role I seem to fill here at the office is humane society liaison. Twice of year or so, I load up the towels, sheets, pet toys that MENC staff members donate and drive them off to the Washington Humane Society, a local shelter that really can use the help. Some weeks ago, someone left a number of large, clean-as-new cat litter boxes with covers in my office. I really need to get these to the shelter. My office looks kind of strange with these giant litter boxes hanging out next to my filing cabinets. There are also a couple of big boxes of dog beds. It's a pretty funny office. (I'm only missing any actual dogs or cats!)

Onward! -- EWL