Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Odd Tuesday

I had four important meetings lined up for today, but a mysterious March bug has descended on the department and four people are out with various ailments. We're limping along without them but will need to reschedule meetings for when they can be present.

We released the March 2008 "Why Music?" PSAs last Friday for Music In Our Schools Month, and it is great to already hear from so many radio stations and members about using them on the air and at school events.

I had the pleasure of attending a concert by the Ahn Trio on Sunday here in Reston. These three brilliant sisters will be performing an evening concert at the MENC national conference in Milwaukee next month. I will be at the conference and hope to get the chance to listen again -- I thought they were fantastic. The program was all music that had been written for them, with some unusual jazzy inflections, at least to my ears.

We are hurtling along toward the launch of new Web site at the national conference. I must get back to work on it. 1700+ pages must be moved over to the new site, and that includes reformatting them and making sure all links are corrected. Fortunately I do not have to do this all myself. When PF, DP, and I finish this project, we are going to have to figure out how to take long vacations. Or... at least few hours off. (It's actually very exciting and I can't wait for you to see the results in April!)

Onward!
E