Friday, February 29, 2008

Brain in a Pretzel!

Phew!

Hello there, everyone!! You'll have to forgive me, my mind is still a bit topsy turvy from watching last night's episode of LOST, you see. If you're a fan, then CERTAINLY you know what I'm talking about today!! What an AMAZING show! (forgive my picture tribute above! haha) Ok, no more derailing now, I promise...

On to more important matters! Like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappropriations!! Waahoo! That's right ladies and gentlemen, as of today, MENC is officially seeking a brand new appropriation request (for something very, VERY exciting!) through the congressional office of Virginia Representative Jim Moran! Congressman Moran has been a big education supporter in the past, and as many of you probably already know, MENC resides in the Congressman's district (Virginia's 8th), so hopefully he will have a very special little place carved out in his heart for music education! Sorry to be so secretive, I promise that there will be more to report on this exciting new government relations project in the near future, but you'll have to stay tuned to MENC Legislative ALERTS for more on that! (ooooooh what a tease! haha)

One final note for today as the wind howls outside my window here in Reston: At today's staff social I realized something kinda neat. This month marks my one year anniversary here at MENC.

Wow.

A YEAR has flown by?? Incredible! And what an awesome year it was! I've made so many terrific new friends, gotten to be a part of so many inspiring projects and initiatives, and I get to come to work every single day fighting for a truly amazing cause! Thank you to everyone who has made this such a very special year for me, I can only hope and look forward to more of the same in my future!

Ok, well have a wonderful weekend everyone, and if you're out on the roads, be careful not to get "LOST!" haha

P.S. This week marked our favorite little red friend's (Harley!!) b-day! A happy happy to MENC's most beloved (and only) animal staff member! ;-)