Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Interlude: Leavin' on a Jet Plane (I Hope)



Hi
Just a quick note here. I leave in a few hours for a visit with my family in the Midwest for a few days. I am thinking positive, though, because snow is on the way here and it is already snowing out west where I am headed. My friend BS here at the office told me to think positive and I am doing that. I.will.be.airborne.this.afternoon!

So did you catch Amercian Idol on Tuesday and Wednesday night? Apparently fewer of you did. The ratings were down. I watched on Tuesday from Philly. Seemed like a nice mix of zanies, really good singers who also looked like pop idols (whatever they look like), and tear jerker stories. Yes, that was me boo-hooing when the 16-year-old female linebacker sang in tribute to her (sniff, sniff) got a group hug when Paula and Randy and Simon had to tell her that, well, she can't sing. Her Mom and dad were sad, too. I gotta give her props for trying out.

I also liked the guy named Joey who has lost a gazillion pounds and also was told by Randy, "Dude you can definitely blow. Welcome to Hollywood, dog!) He did a Maroon 5 song, which sounded pretty good.

My week this week was pretty crazy, as I continued to work on both March Music Educators Journal (stories finished, thank you very much) and February Teaching Music pages (finished
ditto).

I also started to make plans to go out to North Dakota in March for the NDMEA conference where I will do the MENC resource shop. I went out there two years ago and really enjoyed it so I am looking forward to going back. Hi North Dakota folks!

Well, fellow blog babies, I shall leave you two neat stories I heard Tuesday on the NPR story Fresh Air, about a German photographer from Hamburg who photographed the Beatles before they were the Beatles. In the same show there was a story about Vee-Jay Records, a blues and R&B label done in by its own success. This link will take you to both stories.

Well, til next Thursday.
RF