Monday, November 26, 2007

Harley Gives Thanks in our World

Well, Turkey Day came and went. In our world we were thankful for: 1) sharing a day together with family and friends; 2) having a great time with my brother and nephew who come every Thanksgiving Day; 3) cooking a full dinner and not poisoning anyone (Harley is the taster); 4) enjoying a week off and sleeping in. We hope your holiday was blessed with happiness and abundance. What went on around the hallways of MENC last week -- I'm not sure! We did have a number of staff off for the holidays. Guess what -- I did manage to decorate for Christmas on Saturday so as my nephew said, "We arrived for one season (Thanksgiving) and woke up to another (Christmas)."


This morning I woke up at 3:30 AM in order to get brother and nephew off on their car trip back to St. Louis (a 14 hour drive) so my perkiness today is starting to wear off. Last week, EWL sent an email out to the membership reminding all that this holiday season, online shoppers can make a big difference to music education by making purchases at Amazon.com through the MENC web site (http://www.menc.org/) and clicking on "Make Purchases on Amazon.com via MENC's Associate Link." MENC will receive a small commission on any purchase of books, music, movies, and more. Have a great week!
Here is my brother and me on Thanksgiving Day -- (Harley was too busy gobbling to get in the photo):