Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday To Do List

Yesterday evening before I left work I prepared a meticulous to do list for Tuesday, planning to hit it bright and early today. Silly me! My car died last night and this has complicated my work day. So I'm actually writing from the repair shop and wishing I had brought my to do list with me. At least I am able to answer e-mail from here. Amazing - there is free wifi in the customer lounge (though I guess "free" is relative to the amount I will be forking over shortly for the repair).

I do know that my To Do list included: getting back to a potential corporate member about why her company should join MENC; proofreading the MIOSM 2008 brochure so that it can get sent off to the printer; reviewing final news stories for December Teaching Music; having a meeting with my fellow MENC bloggers on the six months of "Inside MENC"; sending out an email to all K-8 members about the submission deadline extension for WLC videos; composing a message to MENC university-level members about this year's Collegiate program; having the weekly Web meeting; and following up with a Washington Post reporter with a music education question. So I will be hitting all that very soon, I hope!

I heard from my nephew last night that his first band concert of the year is tonight. His morning rehearsal is at 7:40 a.m. and the concert is at 7:00 p.m. In between, he has school of course, and then he is a volunteer roadie who will be helping with concert set up. Then, homework when he gets home. That is a long day for a 7th grader.

I'll close now and if anything interesting happens this afternoon, I'll update!

Onward - EWL