Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday Interlude




I know, I know. I usually go on for pages, but my post this week will be short because I have been finishing up November Music Educators Journal news pages and also revising the online version of the October Teaching Music online news I am getting a late start today. A big shout out to DP for doing the Web stuff for me and putting up what was probably one revision too many. I have promised him his own stash of chocolate chip cookies as a reward for not throwing me out of his office when I asked to add just one PDF link. Click on the link above and you can see the fantabulous job he did formatting my text and photos.

I mentioned November MEJ news a moment ago. Stories about the return of the World's Largest Concert next March for the World's Largest Concert.
Hal Leonard Corp is providing the sheet music for use with the concert.
Students selected to march with the US. Army All-American Marching Band will be announced beginning Oct. 2.

What else? Oh, right. The 2008 MENC National In-Service Conference in Milwaukee will feature the African Children's Choir and the Ahn Trio, both audience pleasers.
Ten Hut. Cheerleaders at attention. Sorry this is so dark. I took it around dusk yesterday.

Aside from my print and Web projects this week, away from the office this week, I went to my son's freshman football game last night. I will spare you the details of the score. I have talked some friends who played high school and each of the guys told me you learn a lot of losses. They must have learned a lot last night, including no matter how good you are, someone is bigger, faster, stronger. Plus there is always a game next week.

Anyway, while they played the marching band was rehearsing in the parking lot behind the football stadium. I climbed to the top of the bleachers and shot this little film clip with my phone. No one will confuse me with Stephen Spielberg, but I like the sound of the drum line.




Fall doesn't arrive officially until Sunday, I guess, but the cooler weather around this week has me gazing at the leaves behind my office for hints of color among the green and wearing sweaters. Hope fall is a good season for you this year. March on brothers and sisters.
Til next Thursday
RF