Monday, September 10, 2007

An Archeological Dig in My World

I know, I know, you didn't hear from me last week since I was off on an archeological dig in my craft world. YES, Harley did make it home OK and helped at times with the dig when he wasn't hiding under the mounds of craft supplies that I was cleaning up and cleaning out. I decided that the last week in August was to be the rediscovery of a room that has been buried under unfinished projects for the last 6 months. We did finally get it to a point of livability!

Then I came back to work on Tuesday, Sept. 4, to mounds and mounds of unanswered e-mails. Whew - I finally got all of them taken care of by Thursday. Then we were in preparation for a visit from some of our members including the Florida state president and state executive director (who is also co-chair for our Advocacy Task Force), our other Advocacy Task Force co-chair, Southern Division President, and MENC President. Meetings went all day on Friday. Harley tried to stay out of trouble by reading a book. You see on his travels he stayed in a lot of hotel rooms and is now back ensconced in my office making sure evey one talks to him when they enter. Just another normal day in my world. He is such a cone head.

I have to now start to concentrate on the upcoming National Executive Board meeting the first of November. A draft agenda needs to be sent to the executive committee and then the board. The division presidents are getting in touch with their state presidents to have reports posted on the web by September 24. The Board Book will need to be prepared after that date and ready to mail on October 9. And in between all of this - I'm gonna go see KING TUT in Philly September 13-14! Oh boy - Harley can't wait to have his photo made with Tut (he tends to think boy king is still alive). However, I betcha we can't take photos in the Franklin Museum. Stay tuned for next Monday and we will see what Harley got away with (not treasurers just photos..... we won't let him rot in jail). No never. It is rawking in my world. Have a great week!