Monday, August 27, 2007

Harley will make it home in time...in my world

Although this is being written on Friday, I confess, it will be posted on Monday while I am off for a week of "vacation." I heard via OWL that Harley is on his way home. He sent me a cute photo of him all strapped in and waiting for lift off. Who knows with air travel these days - it could take him a while to get home. Train may be quicker.

All is well at MENC this week. I did get most of my work done. However I may have to run in on Monday. You see...... we need to make a decision about our health care provider and we have reviewed rates which are up as they are all over. Also this week there will be a Directors Meeting that I will be missing. The NEB gave the "go ahead" to Dr. M to move ahead with plans for a Business Development Department. If you remember in the blogs employees were talking about the "move" around the offices - Pubs when downstairs, Conventions moved to our floor (2nd), and then there was some rearranging of the third floor. EH, who is Assistant Executive Director-Project Development, will be discussing the role of our newest MENC department which he is heading. He and several other staff moved to the second floor where Pubs use to be. One of the goals (I assume) of the Business Development Department and its five employees will be to look for corporate sponsorship. MENC was successful in The National Anthem Project in garnering corporate support. Should be an exciting year ahead for us.
As I noted last week in my blog, Harley and I are going to be doing several things on my week off such as get a hair cut, get a massage, play tennis, clean craft room (UGGGGGGGG - I know Harley will run out on me and hide), play tennis, create art, yada yada. You stay cool and I will try to do the same. See you in September!