Monday, August 20, 2007

Harley needs bail money? You Gotta be kidding in my world!

OK in my world today I get a Western Union asking for money to bail the little guy out of the pokey. My feeling is, if he is old enough to run away to see the world, he is old enough to take bail money. I would imagine by now he should be over ARN leaving him and he should be getting back to reality here and help me out in my office. I plan on taking next week off to rearrange my "craft" room which is simply out-of-control chaotic which means it is worse than my office. I need the little guy to run interference -- like I need to throw him in the room first to see if there are any unwanted critters that have taken up residency in there. I know this might sound like cruel and inhumane punishment BUT Harley is pretty scary when he pretends he is a Dementor and floats around trying to depress everyone. He's so cute, my little guy.

This weekend I was pretty busy making a birthday box to hold MJ's birthday DVDs I got for her. She was on vacation last week so when you called the office all you got was the automated machine. She is always gone for her birthday (off to the beach) and we give her gifts when she comes back. I loved the box I made for her (if I say so myself). The "popcorn" used is from a mold that a friend of mine made and now sells on her web site. It is a cool website and you can find it at //www.wewillalwayshaveparis.com/. She is an incredible artist and I do take a number of her workshops.

This week I am working on a number of items relative to the MENC Hall of Fame. Every other year at the national convention up to three individuals are inducted into the Music Educators Hall of Fame. You can find the guidelines on the menc web site. We are now getting ready to mail nominee information which is confidential to a committee/board of 14 individuals (includes the chair). They will receive bio information on 33 individuals and will then vote on a ballot which is mailed back to the chair of the committee. Any individuals who received "no" votes is dropped from the list for the next go-round. The three individuals with the majority of votes are then passed on to the National Executive Board and they vote on the report in November. The first inductees into the Hall of Fame happened at the 1986 Convention in Anaheim, CA. There are currently 64 names on the plaque in the Board Room. The first year was an exception and 32 individuals were inducted. Many of these were historical leaders in music education. After that the number has been limited to 3. You can find a listing of those inducted at: http://www.menc.org/information/histinfo/Historicalinfohall.html.

Harley wants to put his name in for the next go-round. That should be like really interesting......... I will have to let the little guy down gently on his head. Hope your week is a good one! I'll be here waiting to hear if Harley got a free "get-out-of-jail" card. I think he thinks it is cool and he might run into Lindsay, Paris, Nicole, or Brittany.

See you later! HARELY - you get your little red behind HOME NOW..... NO EXCUSES..... NOW.

Nope, I don't care if you are winning at BINGO.