Monday, July 9, 2007

Back in my MENC world!





Yup, me and Harley are back in my MENC world. As EL and ARN told you last Monday, I was headed for vacationland and really enjoyed myself. However, you have to see how hard Harley worked during the NEB meeting in Orlando. He really tried to help MENC President Brinckmeyer and sat his behind on her water glass so he could answer any questions she might have for him. Was he a distraction during the meeting? --- well NO. You can see he also toodled over to help me do the note-taking and even made some suggestions. Eventually, I had to put him back in his carrier...... poor little guy. He really tries.


From Orlando (Harley and I had to get up at 1:00 AM on Friday, June 29) to make it to OKC in order to drive in the "floods" to Winfield, Kansas, for a college reunion. It was fun seeing all the old gang ("old" is a relative word in my world).... saw an old boyfriend who broke up with me the summer between our freshman and sophomore year AND the gal he started to date during our sophomore year - yup, they are still married - I knew it would never last! Saw an old finance who I broke up with when I left St. John's and went to OCU in Oklahoma City. We all had a lot of fun! Harley terrorized a good friend of mine who is a Lutheran minister who (not Harley) took real good spirtual care of my mom and dad when they were in a nursing home. Seems either Harley is confessing or Barrie is just plain suspicious of anything Harley is gonna preach to him (or at him).


I am still catching up with all of my e-mails from being away from the desk for 2 weeks. Have to get a rough copy of the minutes in draft form to President Brinckmeyer really soon. Been in meetings most of today and still have a ton of other stuff to do! But overall LIFE is good! Missed you all! The rains in Kansas and Oklahoma were really something to see. When we (my best friend Betsy and me) were ready to leave Winfield they announced roads that were flooded out and rivers that were swollen. The OKC bombing (April 19, 1995) memorial at the federal building was so touching. I will show you a pic next week. Take care. Enjoy the warm summer day in July In my world it is 98 and climbing! Might be too hot for the bug convertible this afternoon......