Monday, July 30, 2007

Gentle Giants and Ghost Hunters

Gentle Giants - just got back from lunch spent with a few MENC employees who were discussing the latest Harry Potter book. I mentioned that I was pretty shocked JK Rowling did not kill off Hagrid - my gentle giant. I remember growing up and it was like all really tall men were giants in my world. Most were gentle like my German grandfather with his white hair and big hands. The minute I saw Hagrid in the first movie I knew he would win my heart as his character unfolded. Did you have giants in your life? Harley did - once....

We are getting ready to go into the lazy hazy dog days of August. Here in my world we were blest (we do have drought) with rain on Sunday and altho I was not able to play tennis, I was happy for the rain. It is beginning to get muggy today and we are warned that the hot days are headed to us from the west. It is quiet here and we all seem to be in the busy bee cleaning mold waiting in anticipation for all of you to go back to school the end of August. This is a great time to play catch-up and get the desk cleaned off. In my world the NEB will not meet again until November 2-3 in Milwaukee, WI. They will receive their board books on October 5 which means they have to have information to me by September 28. The state presidents will be logging their reports onto the web site by September 21. On September 13-14 I will be in Philly looking at the King Tut Exhibition (thought I would throw that in as a side note). And as another side note (we will see if any board members even read this blog) I am headed to Massachusetts October 24-28. Oh so close to Halloween and the NEB meeting - I will be staying at the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast, then head to the Little Women home, and then stay in Salem. SO, excited am I! Just think, Lizzie Borden's little axe earrings --- or did she really use a hatchet? - oh well, no matter they will be hangin' in my ears. (Not to do any plugs here ---- but Ghost Hunters on Wed. nite on Sci Fi channel, 8 pm eastern daylight time, is doing a Lizzie Borden ghost segment. If you watch, see if they mention the Andrew & Abby Borden's master bedroom - yes, that is where Harley and I will be sleeping! WOW, why couldn't Jason and Grant wait until I got there to do their show - they are too cute.)

Since Harley is a dog he knows how to spend his dog days. He hangs out in streams with little gnomes, trolls, and sprites.... Harley doesn't let no moss grow under his little paws!
May your week be a good one. If, off on a stroll, you pass a running creek, peek down to see if Harley and the gnomes are hanging out together.... I'm sure if you see them, it has to mean good luck is coming your way OR you were up way too late last night watching way too many movies...... or something...